Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Food. Fun. Fellowship.

This post is mostly for my Phoenix friends… I ate 2 meals at 2 different restaurants today and they both were fabulous, so I wanted to share.

It started with my favorite meal of the day… breakfast. Once a week my good friends Karyn, Jen and I hike before work. Usually we hike on Wednesday’s, but today we decided to skip our hike and enjoy breakfast at this new restaurant that is right by my apartment that opened about 2 weeks ago. It’s called ScrAMble and definitely met my expectations. http://azscramble.com/ It had a wide variety of food options, was quiet (then again it was 7:00 on a Wednesday morning), the staff was friendly and we had a great breakfast! I enjoyed the Smoked Gouda and Cherrywood Bacon Brizzas (pizza), Karyn had the Santa Fe Eggs Benedict, Jen ate the Western omelet and then we all shared a homemade cinnamon roll with cream cheese icing. Thanks girls for a great start to the day!

Then tonight my friend Joanna and I had dinner at Maizie’s CafĂ© & Bistro on Central south of Camelback. http://www.maiziescafe.com/ We both enjoy trying new places to eat so the goal was to go somewhere new. We chose Maizie’s off a Downtown Phoenix pamphlet and I think it was a good choice. The menu was large with lots of choices, everything from salads, sandwiches, burgers and pizza. Joanna and I could not decide between two sandwiches, so we decided to split 2 different one and I must say with the help of our waitress we did good. We chose the Groovy Grilled Cheese with brie cheese, grilled granny smith apples & smoked bacon and the Santa Fe Chicken with spicy grilled chicken, pepper jack cheese, green chilies, guacamole, and tomato. Both sandwiches were unique and different, but full of flavor. And then for dessert we enjoyed the Strawberry Tall Cake (six mouthwatering layers of cinnamon coffee cake, strawberries and vanilla ice cream).


It was a HAPPY Wednesday… mostly because it was started with good friends at breakfast and ended with catching up with a friend I don’t get to see very often at dinner. AND I got to try 2 more new places before I leave Phoenix.
The only think I didn’t do was take pictures to document the day, my words will just have to do this time, sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Those sandwiches at Maizie's sound amazing! I will have to check that place out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like alot of fun!!! i am sad that i never got to visit phoenix while you were there, it sounds like a great place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete