
Sunday was the Benin vs. Ghana World Cup Semi-final Qualifying Game

Outside our ship... several crew members are from Ghana and they were excited for the game.

Ghana fans driving to the game, they were really fun to watch.

The parking lot at the game.

Line to get in.

This was taken from the other side of the stadium... you might have to click to make it larger... but try and find me in the crowd.

At our seats.

Benin Flag.

National Anthem time.

His shirt says "The fighting squirrels of Benin"

The noise makers. Africans have more energy then any crowd/ game I have been a part of. The cheered for the hour and a half before the game even started, cheered all the way through the game (even when the missed the goal), and then after the game was over, the cheering still continued!

Another picture of the stadium and crowd... it was packed and lots of green, yellow and red, as both teams are the same colors.
Benin won... it was the only goal scored and it was 92 minutes into the game (for those of you that don't know soccer, you only play for 90 minutes, but because of injuries they didn't stop the clock, so it went a little longer).
And once the goal was scored the water bombs began.

One of the many groups that went from the ship... taken after the game.
It was a fun Sunday afternoon and an experience that I'm glad I had, although I probably do not need to go to another game while I'm here :)
I found you, but won't say where in case others want to look (Hint:legs up). HA! Looks like a madhouse, but what an experience.
ReplyDeleteLove ya, MOM
It's like a big game of "Where's Jamie?" :) I found you. . .even before reading your mom's hint! Great picture! Looks like a lot of fun and a great way to celebrate your birthday!
ReplyDeleteso i wasn't going to bother to look, but then when both or your comments were about looking i had too! mom's clue didn't help me at all! i kept looking for your yellow tank top which didn't really help me either! :)
ReplyDeletewhat a fun experience!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray for me. I found you, then used the next photo to verify. Gotta love an interactive blog.
ReplyDelete