I apologize for my lack of blogs these days. Life continues to be busy on the ship and my computer had a sad death a few weeks ago, so it is a little harder for me to blog and post, but so thankful the ship has computers I can use (and my wonderful roommate).
Some pictures of what has happened this past month (October):
19 teams were formed to participate in Olympic type games... we were the Benin Super Squirrels (the Benin soccer team are the squirrels)
Every team received an award and ours was... Best Uniform, which I might add, we did have pretty cute capes!
You literally can do anything with a baby on your back:)
Everyone was split into 2 teams and the excitement level when they won, was so fun to watch... you would of thought they had won the lottery.A couple weekends in a row, we watched the first season of 24... it was a lot of hours and many of them intense, but it was fun to watch together, even though I did not like the ending at all.
African church:
I finally was able to attend an African church. It was about a 20 minute drive away and the pastor is one of the translators on the ship. It was a different experience, but very fun. The sermon was translated from English to French and the sermon was about hope, something I needed to hear that week.
Eating at a local African Restaurant... "skinny" chicken and french fries. The chicken probably did not have more than 3 bites of chicken on it and was pretty tough. And afterwards our left over chicken bones and fries were given to the table next to us and a man outside the restaurant.... only in Africa.Coming soon:
Last weekend 11 of us went to Ghana for the ship's long holiday weekend... it was a lot of driving, but a fun, beautiful, and memorable trip... pictures and stories to come.

Wow, those pictures represent such a diverse array of activities and experiences. You are blessed. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete