We made it! (I know this is a week late, as we actually arrived in Tenerife on Saturday Dec. 19th). After our mandatory meeting we were able to get off the ship by 10:30am. A few of us went for a run, which felt amazing after not running or having much physical activity for 12 days. Then we got ready and explored the quaint little island of Tenerife.
The dock had very different scenery than our port at Cotonou, Benin.
We shared the dock with cruise ships and this Russian training sailboat that had about 200 sailors in training, it was a fun ship to admire.
Kelly and I found a Santa!
We also found this outdoor market full of fresh flowers, meat and fruit stands.
We were fascinated by the 1/2 pig that was being carried to the butcher, not only did we see 1, but 3 in the 20 minutes we were sitting there... interesting.
Enjoying an evening of Christmas lights.
Monday afternoon Becca and I went shopping and found a ton of dry cured hams for sale, they had a smell I did not like, but evidently are very popular and not very cheap.
Center of Town.
2 of the 4 Gurkhas that keep the ship safe. Tek and Ganesh.


No comments:
Post a Comment