Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Road Trip.

After digging my car out of the inch of solid ice and 6 inches of snow, Doug and I left Monday morning with a destination of Phoenix, Arizona. It’s a 15 hour drive that we split up into a 2 day trip. Once we got through Amarillo, the fog lifted it was a great drive. Doug loved getting to drive through 4 states (Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona). My favorite thing that Doug said was, “I just keep expecting to see elephant and giraffe roaming around.” He was referring to driving through New Mexico; it reminded him of South Africa and the open land, where animals do actually roam. I told him the closest animal we could see is an Armadillo dead on the side of the road.
Welcome to Arizona.
Hiking Squaw Peak.

It's great to be back in Phoenix with warm, sunny weather. I have enjoyed visiting and catching up with dear friends. I moved into a cute one bedroom condo and I’m still working on the daunting task of unpacking. (I will post pictures when I’m settled.)  I started work Monday at Phoenix Children's Hospital. The warm welcomes and encouraging words have been much appreciated. I am delighted to be here and excited to see what this next season of life will hold.

3 comments:

  1. Jame these posts totally made me smile! What a wonderful (and crazy) couple of months you've had. Love that Doug is now on the blog :) So very happy for you. Can't wait until Phoenix in April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new design of your blog. Happy to have you closer to home--even though Phoenix is still far away. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you guys had a safe drive! cant wait to see pics of your new condo!

    ReplyDelete