Wednesday, February 10, 2010

January...snow, travel, family, friends and more snow.

I have seen more snow during the month of January then maybe in my whole life :)
After recovering from the Oklahoma Christmas Blizzard, the day I was leaving to go visit Doug in London, another huge storm hit the North East of the US. I was flyig out of Chicago and was not sue I was going to get out. Luckily I did, but landing on a icy, snowy runway in Chicago was a interesting experience.  So not only was the US being hit with snow, England received record breaking snow as well.  It wa a good thing I bought boots... I got my money's forth just during the month of Januray alone.
Doug in I in Oxford, England
At some cute country town in England.
Walking to Buckingham Palace in the snow.
The store from the movie....
We had such a fun time walking around Notting Hill!
Big Ben
Piccadilly Square.
Tower of London.
If it wasn't snowing it was raining... not my favorite!
But seeing Les Miserables on the center of the front row was one of my favorites.
Family Pictures.  Love them all.
Doug visits America... his first Sonic burger.  He wasn't really impressed but loves Mexican food.








Visiting the Oklahoma History Museum.
"Shooting" at Bass Pro Shop
I love this picture...
POPS on Route 66
My alma mater OBU
Moving Day.
The morning of OK's 2nd big ice/ snow storm of the month.  By the time they were finished loading, icicles were forming down from the card board box covering the loading door, they couldn't even use the ramp because it was covered in ice.
Enjoying a cold icy/ snowed in morning.
Roasting mini marshmellows (that's all we had, but it worked).
OKC Thunder Game.
We braved the snow to attend the game… mostly because the tickets were already bought, but it was a fun night and they won.
Beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. what a GREAT post! so much to catch up on! you look so pretty in EVERY picture! so glad you made it safe to phoenix. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your trip to London. I can't wait to go there one day. I'm happy to have you back in Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete