I have the privilege to work at Phoenix Children's Hospital Clinic for Cancer & Blood Disorders and September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Our communications department put this video out and I wanted to share:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLerPO4Sdis
(I even have an apperance in the video :)
Some facts about Childhood Cancer:
(this is the information we had printed on cards at our hospital)
Approximately 12,400 are diagnosed with cancer eachyear.
At PCH we have approximately 250 new diagnoses a year.
More than 40,000 children are undergoing treatment for cancer.
Cancer in childhood occurs regularly, randomly, and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region.
The cause of most childhood cancers are unknown and at present, cannot be prevented.
Most children are able to attend school and regular daily activities while going their chemotherapy treatments.
More than 2 out of 3 children diagnosed with a childhood cancer are survivors.
What can you do?
• Make a donation www.phoenixchildrens.com
• Register to be a bone marrow donor
September Promo Code PCH www.BeTheMatch.org
* Donate blood http://www.unitedbloodservices.org/
For more information: www.phoenixchildrens.com • http://www.curesearch.org/You can also show your support by wearing a gold ribbon this month!

I saw no gold ribbon on your wedding dress! :) Fun video to watch.
ReplyDelete