Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life in Oklahoma Continued.

My parents went to Wyoming on vacation last Saturday, so I have had the whole house to myself, which also means I had to cat sit. Ashley is our cat that we have had we for about 14 years. She is not the friendliest cat and pretty spoiled. She also is jealous of me when I come home, so she definitely has not liked that I have been home more multiple weeks in a row. I knew that we would have to become friends this past week, because I was all she had. I am glad to report that we did become "friends"... she would let me pet her with out hissing (most of the time), brush her daily and I was even nice and gave her milk a few mornings.... we both have come a long way :)
This past week also consisted of me catching up with friends. It was so fun to see friends that I don't get to see very often and friends that I haven't seen in years. I loved getting to catch up on their lives and just spend time with them. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of all the girls I got to hang out with and catch up on life, but I did enjoy spending time with them all. I thought it would be fun to post some old pictures that reminded me of many fun memories.
Sunday- After church Julie and Ray took me to a new Mexican restaurant which of course was delicious. I also was finally able to see my college friend Mica who lives in Norman. We tried a new frozen yogurt place in Edmond called Orange Tree. I enjoyed banana, pineapple and peach frozen yogurt with gummy worms and sprinkles on top... it was amazing!
Monday- I had dinner and watched The Bachlorette with Julie, Denise, Danielle, Mindy and 2 precious babies.

Julie and I at Danielle's Wedding


Denise and I

Tuesday- I went up to Tulsa to have lunch with Lauren and Megan (college roommate and friend). I also was able to stop by and see my youth minister Evan and his family. All through high school I baby-sat his kids and it was great to see them all grown up (7th, 9th, and 12th grade). We enjoyed Chick-fil-a and I loved listening to all their funny stories. Lauren and I
Wednesday- I was able to go to Super Summer (a church camp that I attended all through youth group) with my friend Danielle.

Thursday- I had lunch with my friend Sarah (freshman and sophomore college roommate) who I have not seen since graduation. I also spent the evening with my sister and brother-in-law.
Julie, Ray and I playing in the leaves last fall.


Friday- My Friend Kelly came into town from Phoenix, who then drove to Texas with me this morning for Gateway (our training for Mercy Ships). It's crazy that I am her for training... it's something that I have been excited about for so long and now it's finally here. I will update more about training very soon.

1 comment:

  1. i am so so glad you chose NOT to put the picture up of us from super summer. BUT, i am so so glad that you went with me! i am looking forward to seeing you when you get done with training. praying for you!

    ReplyDelete