I have never had real art in my home before, but I’m excited to say that not only do I have one lovely piece of "real" art; I have two, both from South Africa.
This is the 1st:
It was purchased at the Green Market in the middle of Cape Town. I was proud of the price I paid and loved everything about it… the colors, the baby on the mama’s back, and mama carrying a basket on her head. When I see it, I think Africa and it makes my heart happy. This beautiful piece of art, however, did teach me a lesson on custom framing. When I made this purchase last May I had no idea how much it would actually cost me. I did not consider the price of having it framed. It came on a canvas, which then needed to be stretched and because it’s not a regular size picture it needed to be custom framed. So my “good deal” art turned into a small fortune, but it’s worth it and I will treasure it forever.
And the 2nd piece of art:
This painting comes from South Africa as well, except I know the artist. My boyfriend Doug painted this a few years ago when he returned from a mission trip. He says it’s his favorite painting he has ever created and I’m honored that he decided to give it to me. It’s in my foyer, the first thing anyone who enters my home will see. And every time I see it I am reminded of the beautiful sunsets I have experienced inAfrica.
Hope you have enjoyed my beautiful African Art as well!

Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteso pretty!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful Jame! They are both just lovely. Can't wait to see them in person in a couple of weeks! How great that Doug is an artist - that's pretty cool!
ReplyDeleteI just did a little review of your blog and it was very fun to see some of your super cool trips and pics. So nice to meet Doug the other day. Always great to see you Jamie!
ReplyDeleteJenni : )