Almost 11 months ago, during my time in Cape Town, South Africa I met an amazing man named Doug, during a camping/ trail run trip in Montagu. I remember that we immediately hit it off the moment we met. He was super friendly, talkative, and enjoyed joking around with these 2 crazy American girls. After a fun weekend in Montagu, Doug offered to show Danielle and I the "cool" places of Cape Town. I spent the next 2 weeks before I left developing a friendship with Doug, we had a lot of fun hanging out, laughing, getting to know each other and as Doug says, the foundation was built. He knew I had the "fundamentals" and decided to pursue me (literally all over the world) and that was the beginning of our long distance relationship. Our journey hasn't always been easy, but we would not change anything. Our relationship is unique, special, and we are where we are today because of our Heavenly Father. I am thankful that God put Doug into my life almost a year ago and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him! God has blessed us tremendously.

The 1st time I met Doug with Danielle, May 2009.
(Never thought that I would actually be marrying him)
Hiking Table Mountain in Cape Town, May 2009.
Doug met me in Paris before I joined Mercy Ships in August 2009.
Doug visited me in Benin, West Africa, November 2009.
We spent many hours hanging out on the dock.
Visiting Doug in London, England, January 2010.
Doug's 1st visit to Oklahoma, January 2010.
Having fun while being snowed and iced-in.
Hiking in Arizona, February 2010.
On top of the mountain where Doug asked me to marry him on Sunday April 11th, watching the sunset and eventually star gazing. It was simple, sweet, romantic, special, and memorable.
The Ring....perfect.... Doug picked it out himself!
Oh my goodness... I still can't believe it!
Love it! How perfect and sweet! I can't tell you how excited I am for you Jamie! What a gift from God! I can't wait to hear the details of your planning...make sure to post them for those of us not near you! Congratulations again my friend!
ReplyDeleteI am still just beside myself with happiness for you! The ring is beautiful. Just like your love story!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness. i love it. he is perfect for you. and i love how adventurous your dating relationship has been! i am telling you.. you have one GREAT story! i love it!! (i LOVE LOVE LOVE the last picture.. an engagement MUST!)
ReplyDeletelove you!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYay Jame!! What a crazy cool time you two have had this past year! Love your pics from all the different cities - it's an impressive list with only more to come I'm sure :) Congrats again - you deserve all of these beautiful moments Jame.
ReplyDeleteOh Jamie!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you. To be engaged and newly married is the best! Let me know if you need any help!
Jenni : )
So very exciting my friend! Congratulations :)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! He picked out a beautiful ring, and you are going to be a beautiful bride!!
ReplyDeleteJamie,
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! Congrats! I knew it, I knew you would go away on this amazing adventure and find someone God knew loved this type of adventure just as you do! How cool. So incredibly happy for you! This will be the best time of your life...soak it up every moment. Wish I was there to celebrate with you. Keep up with posting details on the blog.
Hugs!
Katie
Congratulations, Jamie!!!
ReplyDelete