Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I have a pet....

No worries... it's just GOLDFISH.
Doug and I attended my friend Wendy's wedding a couple of weeks ago. It was my first Jewish wedding and the first wedding that Doug and I have attended together. The center pieces were gold fish. It was a creative idea and looked really pretty. Someone from each table had the privilege of getting to take them home. Doug immediately volunteered to be the new owner, however, since he does not live here, that left me with the responsible :) There were 2 fish in the bowl and we each got to name one. I named my Pain (because this was a pain to me :) and Doug named his Ketubah, the Jewish document that is signed by witnesses before the ceremony, it is a beautiful marriage license that is then hung in the couple's home. Unfortunately, when we arrived home on Sunday afternoon, one of the poor gold fish was dead and since Doug loved the fish more than I, we decided Pain had died.
Meet Ketubah.
When my college friends were in town, they decided that Ketubah was lonely and needed a friend. So they spent 29 cents and purchased Pierre. They said he looked French because of his black mustache. So I am now the proud owner of 2 gold fish that require cleaning of the bowl weekly (a tangible example that I really do love Doug because it’s a smelly, messy process). I will however, admit that I am becoming fonder of these fish and enjoy having "living" things in my home. I just hope I can keep them alive :)

Ketubah and Pierre have become good friends, they swim in circles a lot and enjoying playing together.  I just hope that they are of the same sex so I do not have fish babies!

5 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I about died when I saw the title of this blog..."I have a pet!" Miss you girl!
    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! This makes me laugh. Especially the last sentence. FUNNY! But on a serious note, that is a GREAT pic of you and Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FISH BABIES!!!! I hope your fish make you a grandma :) Bye friend...

    -Eliana

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE pic of you and Doug! Glad you've grown to love your fish friends :) Tell Pierre bonjour for me!

    ReplyDelete