Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall Wreath & Mom's Visit.

I was looking through blogs and was inspired to make a wreath after I saw this one:halloween wreath tutorial
My mom visited last weekend so she helped me make my own fall wreath (or she made and I supervised).
I was very pleased with how it turned out...

We also were excited for Fall and all the pumpkin things you can make.
We made Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies.
And... Pumpkin Mac & Chesse, which was so delicious.
(Sorry can not get the picture to turn correctly)
Here is the recipe:

We delighted in pumpkin bagels with pumpkin schmear at Einstein Bagels.

We visited the Botanical Gardens... saw an owl, lots of birds and Monarch Butterflies.

Before I took Mom to the airport, we had breakfast at Matt's Big Breakfast, which has been on the TV show Diners, Drive-in's & Dives.  It is conviently located right next to Doug's work Downtown.  Doug & I have been wanting to go, but there usually is a super long wait, but going on a weekday before work was perfect.  It's definitely a small place, but the food was delicious.  Doug and I definitely will be going back. Anyone want to join us?
 
Sorry, not sure why the picture wouldn't turn the correct way...
but we got an omelet with potatoes, the biggest egg sandwhich and french toast.

Thanks mom for helping with my wreath and hanging out with us for a long weeked.  We Loved having you here!! And... we appreciate the granola you made daily :)

3 comments:

  1. i know i say this on every blog post.. but you do the MOST fun stuff. i love your life. :) miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the wreath. It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wreath is adorable Jamie!
    : ) Jenni

    ReplyDelete