Monday, April 20, 2009

Rain & Fog.

Rain and Fog is what my weekend consisted of. I am told the seasons are changing and winter is coming. I was hoping for a couple more weeks of warmer weather, but it doesn't look like that will be the case. The fog was so bad this weekend there were many times when I couldn't even see the huge mountain outside my window.
Since it wasn't beach weather on Saturday, my friend Danielle and I decided to explore our neighborhood and find a fun place for breakfast (it is both of our favorite meals). We found several great looking restaurants and it was hard to just pick one... so it might be a weekly event to enjoy all the different cafe's and restaurants. We decided on a place called Greens and enjoyed a fabulous breakfast! We then went to a few stores along the street and decided we needed some hot chocolate at this other adorable bakery/ coffee shop Caramella’s. We loved that we had nothing to do and could enjoy a relaxful Saturday morning.
Our Breakfast...
flapjacks with bananas & honey, french toast made on croissant rolls, and fresh fruit
That night we joined the Connect people (the group that I am here with) for a sunset cruise. We weren't sure how much of a sunset we were going to have considering the weather, but the sun briefly appeared before it quickly set again. The boat ride was really rocky, but fun nonetheless, and so beautiful to be out on the water. After the boat ride we enjoyed frozen yogurt and then received a phone call from my mom and sister, which was so fun to talk with them. It was my first phone call since I have been here and absolutely loved talking to them!
My friend Danielle and I... we have created a "Cape Town Bucket List", we have about 15 items and it continues to grow, but we are also able to cross things off, like the sunset cruise and next weekend we are going on a 2 day Safari to Krueger.
Sunday was still a rainy day. I woke up early to work out before church and during my whole work out it just poured and I thought there is no way that I can walk to church in this rain, I don’t even have an umbrella and those who know me, know I don't enjoy getting wet :) So I did not make it to church in the morning but was able to go to church that night with my friend Murray. But I was able to spend the morning reading and watching the rain. That afternoon I
went to the Canal Walk, which is a huge shopping mall. We had lunch at Spur which had hamburgers, ribs and even some Mexican food. I enjoyed walking around and seeing all the stores, some were the same and some different, but I was good and didn't buy anything.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, to live south of the equator! :) While it's cooling off there it is warming up here. We are probably going to hit 100 degrees here in Phoenix this week. Enjoy your winter weather! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the cooler weather, because once you come home it will be hot and then--you will have hot weather for the rest of the year. Glad you were able to check some things off your "Bucket List". Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you used the word "relaxful"... craig swears that it is not a word.. but clearly it is.. if we are both using it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lucky that you have fun places to go eat! glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete