This week we are completing our Basic Safety Training course. It entails CPR/ First Aid, fire and water safety, which includes hands-on practical. We even get to put on a fire fighter suit, which should be fun in this Texas heat.
One of my favorite things about training has been getting to be in constant community. Here are some highlights from the last month....
One of our first Saturdays we had a Silent Retreat at Tyler State Park. I have never done a silent retreat before and for those of you who know me well, know that silence is not my best trait and I was a little nervous about how I would do being quiet for 4 ½ hours, but it was a good, HOT day and I really enjoyed just sitting, walking, reading, and listening to God.
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
Psalm 8:9
This is what was on my pillow, in my bed one night... a big hairy Wolf Spider. You all would be happy to know, I didn't even scream when I saw it, I quietly picked my pillow up and had to "show and tell" it to the girls that were sitting in the living room and my good friend Becca gladly killed it for me.
she provided some delicious treats....
Classroom Time!

yay for an update! i cant wait till you get home!!! our theme at falls creek this year was "hush.. there is strength in silence" We had a silent morning also! We knew it had the potential to be really powerful, but could also be a disaster with 150 middle and high school students. They were silent from breakfast to lunch.. they did great! It ended up being many students favorites part of the week!
ReplyDeleteyay.. love the post and love the pics... watch out Africa here we come!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Looks like a lot of fun Jamie! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks :) So I don't think I could have slept on my bed after finding that large of a spider on it!!! Eek!
ReplyDeleteI told Julie I screamed out loud when I saw your picture of the spider--that is creepy!
ReplyDelete