Thursday, September 24, 2009

Around Town.

Typical street.

Fabric Market.... stores lined the street... so much to choose from.
Inside one of the stores... beautiful, colorful fabric everywhere.
Fruit and vegetables.
My Favorite:
Carrying a concrete block... no big deal.
Fan Milk... ice cream in a bag... sold right out of the ice chest, except sometimes they aren't very frozen. We are able to purchase Fan Milk in our ship shop, but I have had it once off the streets.
Zimmijans... everywhere...
Traffic. I sometimes feel like when I'm on the road I'm in the middle of a video game... you never know what's going to happen, it can be scary, crazy, chaotic, and the drivers think nothing of it. All I know is I could not drive in Africa. This picture is actually pretty calm looking :)
African Mama.
More African Mama's.
Construction.
Nuts.
Gas Station... they just pour the gas from the bottles right into the car or zimmijans.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated with pictures and snippets of life in Africa. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics--especially the African mamas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how neat! i dont know that i would be a very good mom in africa.

    ReplyDelete