
Last weekend a group of us went to Bab's Dock, it's about a 45 minute drive down a bumpy dirt West African coastal highway.

Once there, we took a 20 minute boat ride through a lagoon ...

to finally arrive at this beautiful quaint quiet dock that was built about 2 years ago from a Belgian couple that decided to pick up their life and move to Benin.

The weather was not the best, as it sprinkled most of the day, but that did not stop us from having a relaxing day of reading, eating, and playing cards .

The dock has kayaks, a sailboat, volleyball court in the water, hammocks, a couple donkeys, a monkey, and lots of comfy big chairs.

Despite the rain, we had a wonderful day and I definitely can not wait to go back on a sunny day.

We passed several coconut stands along the way...

and the day could not be complete without trying an African coconut. It was my 1st coconut and I was a little disappointed, it was not very sweet, the milk tasted a little sour and the actual coconut had a texture like a cooked egg white. Do not think I ever need to have one again, but I am glad I was able to try one, even though it's no pina colada :)
what a neat place for a little getaway/relaxation not too far away!
ReplyDelete