Sunday, August 9, 2009

115 Degrees in Phoenix

It has been a little more than 4 months since I have lived in Phoenix and really wanted to go back for a visit before I left for Africa again. I was able to go for a quick trip last Saturday- Wednesday and I loved every moment of it. You don't realize how much you miss a place until you go back for a visit. Although I did not love the heat, I loved driving and seeing mountains, eating at my favorite restaurants, and visiting all my friends. With it being such a quick trip, it's hard to see everyone and squeeze everything in, but think I did a pretty good job... there was not a spare moment. I unfortunately did not get a picture with everyone I saw or everything I did, but dinner at Oregano's and Pita Jungle were definitely a highlight of the trip along with the run (oh wait, we just walked) along the canal just like old times with Gretchen, except we usually ran :) I also enjoyed getting to go to Crash Sunday night and eating ice cream and hiking with Karyn. Thanks Cathy & Ed and Karyn for letting me stay in your homes.
Meeting 2 new baby girls, Emma and Sophia, that were born in the last 3 months and getting to see how Ayden and London have grown. Thanks Cathy for a wonderful lunch and being so hospitable. I loved getting to see you all!
The 2nd floor girls at the hosptial!
Every August is Camp Rainbow, a camp put on by Phoenix Children's Hospital for children with cancer or cancer survivors. I have had the privilege to attend the last 3 summers and at least had to go up for a day. Every evening activity has a them and Monday night's theme was Messy Olympics and you always have to dress the part. The before picture...
The after picture... we are covered in pudding, jello, and slim... messy, but so fun!
Phoenix Children's Hospital... my home for 4 1/2 years. It was so fun to visit and surprise people as they walked by not expecting me to be there.


The construction that is taking place at the hospital... this is taken from the highway... when I left they had just barely started... Wow!
Cassie took the day off to hang out with me on Wednesday. I loved getting to run errands, read magazines, eat lunch with work friends and talk just like old times!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great a trip to AZ! I am jealous for sure...wish I could have seen you too...but so excited to continue to hear of your travels! Many prayers to you Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Messy Olympics description made me think of slime in the slop...remember that?

    ReplyDelete