Monday, March 30, 2009

Final days before Cape Town.

Because of the delay in getting home, my 3 days home turned into 2 days. They were very busy getting things taken care of that you need to do before leaving the country for an extended amount of time. My mom planned a brunch on Saturday morning for some of my friends that we had to cancel (because I was still in New Mexico), therefore I wasn't able to see everyone before I left. But I did get to meet my sister and brother-in-law's new puppy, Davy, who is a chocolate lab. I'm not much of a dog person these days, but Davy was pretty cute and I enjoyed playing with him. But he did lick my toes and legs a few times... he's going to work on that before I come home in June :)


And I also got to meet my friend Danielle's baby Jackson, who is precious... I feed him and then he just slept in my arm while I visited with Danielle and her husband Craig. Thanks for bringing him by and letting me meet him.
The next time I blog I will be in Cape Town, South Africa! Tonight was spent packing... unpacking (because it weighed too much)... and packing some more until it was the right weight. First of all I'm not a very good packer to begin with, it's hard to know exactly what I will need, I like options, I wanted to bring stuff for the hospital, and when you only have 2 bags to work with... it makes it challenging. My mom kept asking me, "Do you want another outfit or a doll for the children?" In the Child Life world, we use blank or muslin dolls that the kids can decorate/ color and do medical play with. The girls in Cape Town requested some and I wanted to bring as many as I could. Not sure how many actually made it in the suit case, but I did my very best :) Now let's just hope that my 2 very full suitcases make it there all in one piece.

Sorry for 3 blog updates in one night, I just wanted to catch up on everything before I leave.

5 comments:

  1. Jamie, I wish you all the best as you start this new adventure in your life. Know that Matt and I are thinking about and praying for you. Jake will miss you too and he promises that if you will just come back and visit he will not jump up on you when you sit down on the couch :) I can't wait to see what the future holds for you. Hopefully we will be seeing you at Christmas and you will be meeting Baby Bryson for the first time. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of prayers being thrown your way!!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it! Julie keeps me updated on you as I keep her updated on my Jaime. Enjoy your trip!!! What cute pictures up above!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you better have taken as many of those dolls as you could. i didn't stuff them for nothing! :)
    i'm glad davy made it to the blog. he says hi! although we have a lot of working on the licking. i just got home and he seemed to enjoy licking my pants! yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck Jamie...I'm excited for you and to hear about your adventures when you arrive in Cape Town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jackson LOVES his aunt jamie! we cant wait to read all about your adventures and cant wait to see you in june! love you.

    ReplyDelete