This past week was spent making the most of my last days in Phoenix. It’s hard to believe that the time has finally come, but I could not of asked for a better last week in Phoenix spending time with my friends, eating at my favorite restaurants and doing my favorite Phoenix things....
RED, White & Blue Party

My co-workers and good friends Cathy and Cassie insisted on throwing me a going away party. For those of you that do not know, 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, so they thought it would be fun to have a red, white and blue themed party. It was a beautiful Saturday morning for brunch and spending time with friends. I could not of asked for a more special day. Thanks to everyone that came!

Part of the very decorated food table... almost everything was red, white & blue... I loved it!

Dinner with Cathy and Cassie at Maggiano's... such a fun night of good food and laughter!

Cassie meet Gretchen and I for breakfast after Gretchen and I ran our last run together on the canal. It was always tradition to have breakfast after our long Saturday morning runs.

Some of the work girls couldn't make it to the red, white and blue party so we did Happy Hour at Sam's Cafe!

My friend Rachel and I at Streets of New York... they have the best "passion bread" and we were even "regulars" on Friday nights for a while. Randy was our waiter and knew exactly what we wanted. I always want to be a regular somewhere... where everyone knows your name :)

After church on Sunday night a group of us went to Ajo Al's for dinner. These are some of my Crash friends and I will miss them dearly.

My friends Jenni, Jessica, Kari and I have dinner together about once a month. Usually it's sweet potato fries and sushi, but for our last dinner we went to Chelsea's Kitchen. It's always fun hanging out with these girls... they are all celebrating big life events in the next few months, between 2 having babies and one getting married. Sad I won't be there for the births or the wedding, but their blogs will keep me updated. Thanks again for the necklace... I absolutely love it!

My hiking friends Karyn and Jen... every Wednesday morning for the last year we would hike North Mountain. It was always early, but I loved our hiking days and getting to chat with these girls. I hope you girls caring on the tradition and when i'm hiking in Cape Town you definitely will be thought about!
This is where it all began 4 1/2 years ago....
Some of the great nurses on the 2nd floor! On my last day a group of nurses and dietician had a party for me and of course sang. We have this "No More Chemo" song that we sing to the kids when they are finish receiving their chemo, it's to the tune of Oscar Meyer Weiner and they did a great job of changing the words:
We love our Child Life Specialist
J-A-M-I-E
We love our Child Life Specialist
she's a C-U-T-I-E
We love to see her everyday
and if you ask us then we'll say
Pack your bags and say goodbye
It's off to Africa you'll fly
(Sorry I don't have a picture of this, it was on my sister's camera and didn't get it before the post, but I was suprised and loved every moment of it... great way to leave the hospital!)

This past week was Child Life Week, as well and our annual luncheon happened to be on my last day, which made for a really fun last day. I'm wearing an Arizona, USA shirt that the girls gave me and I'm suppose to wear it while i'm running in Africa :)

The whole Child Life Gang.... I will definitely miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment