
That is how the conversation started between my running friend Gretchen and I and this couple sitting next to us at dinner (Pita Jungle) last tonight. Gretchen and I said yes, how do you know? I knew it had to be more than us just wearing work out clothes. The man said because of your shoes… they are Asics and that is what my running shoes are. We then had to discuss what kind they were, GT-2130. One simple comment lead to about a 30 minute conversation about all the races he has run, the races that Gretchen and I have run to me leaving for South Africa next week. It really is so run to see where the common connection of running takes you in conversation. Gretchen and I enjoyed talking with this older couple and the man picked the perfect people to carry a conversation with over 2 different tables. Tonight was also the last time that Gretchen and I were able to run together. We ran on the canal where it all began 11 months ago. We didn’t really know each other very well when we started and it has turned into a wonderful friendship. Definitely going to miss my running buddy and friend!
I do have lots to blog about on this past week and I promise I will update soon. And for the countdown… 6 days till I leave.
When I first glanced at the picture above I thought, "Woah, you've got your shoes on back to front!" But then I noticed the differences and well, my silly mistake!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to make me cry!! What a great memory!!! I'm going to miss my wonderful running buddy and friend!!!!
ReplyDelete