This past week my parents were here to help me pack and move out of my apartment. I truly have the best parents! Who else would make a 16 hour drive from Oklahoma to pack all week and then drive the very full and packed trailer back to Oklahoma and then store all my stuff at their house. They are pretty wonderful and as you are reading this… know you are loved and I DO appreciate the time and sacrifice you have made for me!
Who knew one person could have so much stuff in a one-bedroom apartment. I don’t think you realize how much stuff you have till it’s time to move. And let’s just say I have a lot of stuff! My Dad did an amazing job of fitting everything into the trailer. It took him measuring boxes and rearranging, but he was successful and everything fit. My mom wasn’t very confident that it would all fit, but she was proven wrong :)
Even though it was a week of packing, I enjoyed spending time with my parents. We got to eat at their favorite Phoenix restaurants like Oregano's and In & Out Burger, shop at Trader Joe's, try some new restaurants, and enjoy some beautiful weather. I also loved coming home a few nights and having dinner ready or having breakfast cooked in the morning, thanks Mom!
The one line I kept hearing all week was, "You better have a man to help with your next move, we are getting to old for this." Guess we'll see what happends... they joke that this is just payment for when they get old.
Always good times with the parents....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have never seen a trailer so packed to the brim! You sure have a lot of stuff Jamie Day.
ReplyDeleteof course you have a lot of stuff! i don't know you to throw anything away. you needed denise or joanie there to help you toss! :) i walked into mom and dad's today and the couch looks so much better than the blue checked one. i never would have thought it makes such a difference. the living room looks great! looking forward to some clothes...after you have departed! :)
ReplyDeletewow! that thing was packed to the brim!! was it sad to leave your apt? or exciting? or a little of both?
ReplyDelete