Monday, March 30, 2009

Road Trip.

My sister flew out to drive back to Oklahoma with me, which I was so thankful for. Not sure I could of packed and fit everything in the car with-out her. We left Phoenix super early Friday morning with the hope of ending in Edmond at my parent’s house that night (suppose to be about a 15 hour drive). We knew there was a winter storm going right where we were headed and knew there was a possibility of us having to stop due to weather (even though I was hoping that would not be the case). We made it to Albuquerque, New Mexico, stopped for lunch and realized that the roads ahead were getting bad, I-40 was already closed at the Texas panhandle, so we decided not to take the risk of getting stuck on the interstate and not being able to get a hotel later on, so we stayed the night in Albuquerque. It was good sister bonding time and tried to make the most of it. We were able to leave the next day at noon, once the highway was back open and eventually got home… 24 hours later than expected, but it was a good, long road trip, full of cookies, candy, chips, singing, reading and texting! Now we just have another story and memory. My sister has some fun pictures on her blog documenting the trip... http://julieandraymondharris.blogspot.com/2009/03/trip-to-phoenix.html

No comments:

Post a Comment